So StickNFind, despite saying they’ll deal with the issues on Facebook, aren’t responding to email. I’ve now found over 30 people who are finding the tags don’t work or are very unreliable, and it seems none of us are getting a response.
I have played with them some more, and have found the following.
- Battery contacts seem unreliable – squeezing one of the tags gently causes it to work.
- Range is at most 20ft line of sight in a room. This only seems to work if I start next to the tag and move further away. If I start the app 20ft from the tag though, it rarely works, and when it does, the dot on the radar doesn’t turn blue, so I can’t make it beep or flash.
- If I run a single tag, the radar distance can be fairly constant. With 2 other tags, they dance around.
- If I start downloading a large file on my laptop near the tags, the distance increases rapidly or they stop working entirely. There is some form of interference.
- They seem much more reliable outside of buildings.